Coastal Brew - Craft Beer Tour
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Geelong, VICTORIA
- Product code: CBT
The Great Ocean Road and the Otway Ranges are two iconic experiences in our corner of the world.
This coastal drive is so spectacular that it is driven not for any destination but for the journey itself. In recent years more and more breweries and pubs have emerged on this journey, creating the opportunity to take a road trip like no other staying the night in premium Port Campbell accomodation .
Our tour spans two days to ensure we can visit a range of craft breweries and pubs celebrating local craft beer and produce. Andy takes on the role of the designated driver and guide so you can truly immerse yourself in the incredible range of craft beers and breweries, each with their own story and unique personality.
- Blackman’s Brewery is located on the seaside surfer’s haven Torquay and their philosophy is simple- we love good beer. A locally owned brewery they’ve created a perfect venue for enjoying good beer, good food and enjoying a relaxing day at the pub. With beers called Ernie, Reginald, Arthur and Mervyn it’s time to meet some of the team!
- Aires’s Pub & Rogue Wave Brewing When a brewery names one of their beers “Cranky Mrs” you know you’re going to have a good time. Having wrestled the pub away from developers and mainstream beers this pub embodies the local surfing spirit. With the help of a tasting paddle and a wide range of craft beers you’ll find something for every palate.
- Great Ocean Road Brewhouse See why the Great Ocean Road Brewhouse’s mantra is “drink local, drink craft”. In addition to their sister company’s Otway Brewing Prickly Moses Handcrafted Beers they exclusively pour craft beers on tap so you’re sure to find a few new brews! Out the back they have a Tastes of the Region room to sample local beer, wine and produce, all enhanced by the smell and sound of the ocean in this seaside village of Apollo Bay.
- Sow and Piglets The Sow and Piglets Brewery is named after the original name for the 12 Apostles on the Great Ocean Road in Port Campbell. It’s located meters away from the main beach of this stunning coastline and is a definite destination brewery. They are dedicated to using local produce wherever possible, and are growing with the farmers in the region, but do have a decidedly international taste to their beers. Well worth the drive!
- Otway Estate Brewery is home to Prickly Moses Handcrafted Beer and Forbidden Fruit Ciders. Situated in Barongarook in the beautiful Otway Ranges this brewery is an experience all on it’s own. Taste the difference drinking craft beer made from pure Otway rainforest water while surrounded by the stunning natural environment- you’ll never want to leave!
- Forrest Brewing Company promotes itself as equal parts microbrewery, eating place and mountain bike hangout. Located in the renovated general store in the country town of Forrest it neighbours the Otway Ranges rainforest and is famous for mountain biking. Enjoy local seasonal produce for lunch whilst pairing with Forrest’s very own brewing company beers. You can even peek through the window to see the brewing process happening. Nothing quite tastes like a craft beer coming straight from the tank to the tap
- Odyssey Tavern and Brewery One of the first to embrace the craft beer scene in Geelong and surrounds is Odyssey Tavern and Brewery. With a relaxed vibe with amazing beer friendly food and eight taps pouring nothing but craft beer including their own spectacular range of beers it is easy to see why they pull in such a large crowd.
- White Rabbit Brewery Designed to ignite your imagination and explore your curiosity White Rabbit Brewery is an experience in and of itself. The Barrel Hall is just the place to do this surrounded by the open fermenters and barrels filled with their range of craft beers. Leave all your preconceived ideas at the door as you explore their range of ales made with the perfect blend of tried and true techniques with new age thinking!
- Little Creatures Brewery After their huge success in Fremantle, Little Creatures decided it was time for the east coast to experience all they had to offer. With the most efficient brewery in the Southern Hemisphere they’ve opened one of the most exciting and welcoming brewery bars you’ll find. Having built inside shipping containers and quirky landscaping and interior design, half the fun is getting to the bar! Whether you’re going on their brewery tour or enjoying Andy’s shout you’ll be putting this down as a place to visit again.