Harvest Hinterland - Gourmet Traveller Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Geelong, VICTORIA
- Product code: HHGT
Discover and celebrate the rich bounty that the Otway Ranges and Great Ocean Road region has to offer.
Our specially designed gourmet trail is filled with decadent treats, fair trade organic coffee, fresh seasonal paddock to plate produce, craft breweries, wineries, berry gins and home grown ciders, designed to celebrate the grassroots local businesses in this luscious part of Victoria and provide you with an authentic tourism experience.
We travel through the fertile soils of the rolling hills in the Otway hinterland, to where regional communities meet rainforest before marvelling at the rugged coastline on the iconic Great Ocean Road for a total indulgence of the senses.
- Raven’s Creek Farm
A family run farm that are devoted to using alternative, regenerative farming techniques to restore the land that provides them with such precious bounty. As written in their café and farm shop selling their wares directly from the paddock to you:
We Farm Without Cages or Fixed Sheds
We Provide From Our Paddock To Your Plate”
So come enjoy a coffee and platter of their produce whilst wondering the rows of berry bushes
- Pennyroyal Raspberry Farm is the oldest working berry farm in the South West of Victoria. During the peak berry season they have ‘pick your own’ raspberries, blackberries and many more! They’ve gone one step further with their berries and infused them with gin to produce their very special berry gins- Raspberry Gin, Brambleberry Gin, Boysenberry Gin, Marionberry Gin and Jostaberry Gin to name a few! In addition to this they also produce their own home grown crucible cider!
- Gosling Creek Winery is a delightful winery located on the northern slopes of the Murroon vineyard in farming country on the way to the Otway Ranges National Park, making it ideal for cooler climate grapes. Sample their delicious wines in a relaxed atmosphere at their cellar door overlooking the rolling hills and true country atmosphere
- Forrest Brewing Company promotes itself as equal parts microbrewery, eating place and mountain bike hangout. Located in the renovated general store in the country town of Forrest it neighbours the Otway Ranges rainforest and is famous for mountain biking. Enjoy local seasonal produce for lunch whilst pairing with Forrest’s very own brewing company beers. You can even peek through the window to see the brewing process happening. Nothing quite tastes like a craft beer coming straight from the tank to the tap.
Enjoy local seasonal produce for our lunch whilst pairing with Forrest’s very own brewing company beers
- Aires’s Pub & Rogue Wave Brewing When a brewery names one of their beers “Cranky Mrs” you know you’re going to have a good time. Having wrestled the pub away from developers and mainstream beers this pub embodies the local surfing spirit. With the help of a tasting paddle and a wide range of craft beers you’ll find something for every palate.
- Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie. Be amazed by 20 varieties of ice cream, decadent desserts, 7000 different truffles, 250 delectable chocolate varieties using seasonal ingredients all handmade on site by the Oompa Loompas…. or chocolatiers! Settle down in the café for a hot chocolate like no other, or escape outside into tranquil landscaped coastal garden- look out for the ice cream kangaroos!!!
- White Rabbit Brewery. Designed to ignite your imagination and explore your curiosity White Rabbit Brewery is an experience in and of itself. The Barrel Hall is just the place to do this surrounded by the open fermenters and barrels filled with their range of craft beers. Leave all your preconceived ideas at the door as you explore their range of ales made with the perfect blend of tried and true techniques with new age thinking!
- Little Creatures Brewery After their huge success in Fremantle, Little Creatures decided it was time for the east coast to experience all they had to offer. With the most efficient brewery in the Southern Hemisphere they’ve opened one of the most exciting and welcoming brewery bars you’ll find. Having built inside shipping containers and quirky landscaping and interior design, half the fun is getting to the bar! Whether you’re going on their brewery tour or enjoying Andy’s shout you’ll be putting this down as a place to visit again.