Bellarine Taster - Gourmet Traveller Tour
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Geelong , VIC
- Product code: BTGT
“The Bellarine Taster tour truly tantalises the taste buds”. While the Bellarine Peninsula may be small in size it is exploding with the freshest delicious produce.
Experience fresh seafood overlooking the bay in which it’s caught, freshly picked berries, virgin olive oil whilst surrounded by the olive trees, cafes surrounded by the very produce being consumed, sample wines surrounded by the vines, ciders and beers overlooking their brewing tanks all whilst soaking up the fresh ocean air and water views.
This tour showcases the broad range of fresh local produce and beverages this spectacular region has on offer, so get ready to have all your senses stimulated.
- Little Mussel Cafe Portarlington is famous around Australia for their mussels. Advance Mussel Supply is a family owned and run business that has been farming mussels in the bay for over 30 years. With the opening of their café we can sample the freshest mussels along with an array of other seafood delights. You’ll be blown away by all the different ways to eat mussels!
- Tuckerberry Hill is a family owned and run spray-free strawberry and blueberry farm where you can pick your own berries! They also have a small café showcasing their berries, including blueberry conserve, sauce and chutney to take home! Nothing compares to the sweetness of freshly picked berries, except maybe picking them yourself!
- Lighthouse Olive Oil is the largest olive grove on the Bellarine Peninsula with over 11,000 trees with over 11 different varieties of olives. Sampling their range of extra virgin olive oils and three citrus oils will expand your understanding and appreciation for subtle and not so subtle differences in the different oils on offer.
- Oakdene Vineyard When walking up to the cellar door at Oakdene you’d be excused for thinking you’ve fallen down the rabbit hole into Wonderland! Surrounded by eclectic art works and entering the “upside down house” you’ll be delighted by the range of wines on offer for tasting. Wander round the garden to Mr Grubbs café for an exiting menu of relaxed good food and indulge in another glass of wine
- Basil’s Farm Overlooking Swan Bay Basil’s Farm is a delightful mix of vineyard and farm. Housing llamas (Basil and Manuel), babydoll sheep, indian runner ducks and chickens, all used as natural and sustainable approaches to improving the health of the vines in addition to providing fresh free range eggs to the café! Sample the unique wines created by biodynamic and organic methods whilst enjoying the ambiance of being surrounded by the vines, orchards and kitchen garden.
- Flying Brick Cider is the Bellarine’s first and finest cider company- come see why this is one of the fastest growing boutique ciders in Australia with a cider tasting paddle. Still thirsty for a little more wine? Yes Said The Seal Winery is also located onsite, specialising limited release cool maritime climate wines.
- White Rabbit Brewery & Little Creatures Brewery. Designed to ignite your imagination and explore your curiosity White Rabbit Brewery is an experience in and of itself. The Barrel Hall is just the place to do this surrounded by the open fermenters and barrels filled with their range of craft beers. Leave all your preconceived ideas at the door as you explore their range of ales made with the perfect blend of tried and true techniques with new age thinking!