Vines of the Bellarine - Gourmet Traveller Tour
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Geelong, VICTORIA
- Product code: BBGT
Soak up the fresh ocean air and water views while sampling the wine and culinary delights that the Bellarine Peninsula has to offer all in one incredible day.
This trail is an intoxicating combination of all the award winning vineyards that this region is famous for, all with the convenience of a designated driver so you have the freedom to indulge to your hearts content. We visit a minimum of 5 wineries and include a full locally produced dining experience for lunch. Spend a day surrounded by breathtaking views and escape to tantalise the tastebuds and who knows, you may even find a new favourite wine or three!
Places we like to visit. Every tour is different
- Mt Duneed Estate This truly amazing winery/brewery is the home to “A Day on the Green” concerts and festivals so naturally the Mt Duneed Brewing Company produced their own craft beers to celebrate. In conjunction with ciders from the Pettavel Road Brewing Company a sampling paddle is a fantastic way to get the day started!
- Oakdene Vineyard When walking up to the cellar door at Oakdene you’d be excused for thinking you’ve fallen down the rabbit hole into Wonderland! Surrounded by eclectic art works and entering the “upside down house” you’ll be delighted by the range of wines on offer for tasting. Wander round the garden to Mr Grubbs café for an exiting menu of relaxed good food and indulge in another glass of wine
- Jack Rabbit Vineyard is family owned and operated winery overlooking Port Philip Bay to unrivaled views of Melbourne, the You Yangs and Geelong. Offering a diverse range of cool climate wines a guided tasting is a must. Jack Rabbit pride themselves on using sustainable vineyard practices and their attention to detail is tasted in every sip of their wine. Soak up the ultimate Bellarine experience of spectacular views, great vibes and delicious wines.
- Flying Brick Cider Company is the Bellarine’s first and finest cider company- come see why this is one of the fastest growing boutique ciders in Australia with a cider tasting paddle. Still thirsty for a little more wine? Yes Said The Seal Winery is also located onsite, specialising limited release cool maritime climate wines
- Basil’s Farm Overlooking Swan Bay Basil’s Farm is a delightful mix of vineyard and farm. Housing llamas (Basil and Manuel), babydoll sheep, indian runner ducks and chickens, all used as natural and sustainable approaches to improving the health of the vines in addition to providing fresh free range eggs to the café! Sample the unique wines created by biodynamic and organic methods whilst enjoying the ambiance of being surrounded by the vines, orchards and kitchen garden.
- Little Creatures Brewery After their huge success in Fremantle, Little Creatures decided it was time for the east coast to experience all they had to offer. With the most efficient brewery in the Southern Hemisphere they’ve opened one of the most exciting and welcoming brewery bars you’ll find. Having built inside shipping containers and quirky landscaping and interior design, half the fun is getting to the bar! Whether you’re going on their brewery tour or enjoying Andy’s shout you’ll be putting this down as a place to visit again.